All the wow factor with none of the wait!
Liquid food coloring
*Optional* glossy Modge Podge or similar top coat
1) Pour Epsom salt into sandwich bags. You will want a bag for each color crystal you want to make. We added about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of salt to each bag.
2) Add a few drops of liquid food coloring into each bag. Seal and shake till salt is evenly colored. Add more food coloring if more saturated color is desired.
3) Cut apart egg carton. Separating it into individual cups. You will have 12 cups from the top of carton and 12 from the bottom.
3) Pair up a cup that came from the top and one the came from the bottom of the carton. You will have 12 whole rocks.
3) If necessary, trim edges of each half so the pieces fit together flush.
3) Generously coat the inside of each cup with glue.
4) Add a scoop of Epsom salt to both sides.
5) Tape together the top and bottom of the rock and shake.
6) Open, dump out excess and be amazed!
7) *Optional* after geodes dry, add coat of Modge Podge or similar topcoat to the Epsom salt to increase their shine.